Google Search

Google

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Generating some Traffic

As it turns out having a web page with some advertising on it doesn't instantly make you an internet millionaire. It makes you some blonker with a webpage and some ads. Not particularly exciting, nor the aim of this little adventure. In order to actually get those ads to start earning me some cash I'm going to need people viewing my webpage.

From the research I've done so far I've discovered a few different ways of doing this each with its own advantages and disadvantages. I figure I'll need to use every method in the book to get people reading this rather unexciting blog and so, you, my loyal and devoted readers can hopefully learn all these techniques through me.
  • Search Engine Traffic
  • Referal Sites
  • Payed Advertising
  • Forum Posts
  • Write an Article
  • Social Net Working Sites
Okey so theres probably a through more techniques than I can cover straight away so I'll do each of these as a new post over the next week or so. Happy reading!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Joe, as someone else that's (effectively) unemployed I considered attempting the same lazy way to get rich, but my research made me conclude the slice of the cash pie you're likely to lay your hands on is so small it's just not worth it. Possibly the real cash is made by turning the information in this blog in to a book and getting mugs to buy it, complete with fake testimonials (I'll write these for a percentage cut, here's an example of my work: I tried Joe's Cash Cow Method and made $4,000 in one month, it was easy!!). Still, you've had some success, I'm here reading your blog . I'm not clicking on your ads though ;-p

Web Money - Where's mine?! said...

Hi Paul, Thanks for the tip. I´m more than happy to try just about anything so maybe once I´ve got a sizeable chunk of work on my blog I´ll turn it into a book. I figure that if I´m going to right a book about internet money making I´d better actually find some methods that work first.